Sunday, October 4, 2009

Paint, Paint, Floors, Fans, and Fridges....


Last weekend I also put a final coat of primer in the 1st floor bedrooms, as well as finally putting down the final coat of polyurethane on the wood floors.  They all turned out great except for one section of the living room where I had run out of poly and tried to stretch what I had to cover the floor.  My advice here, don't run out of poly.  The strange thing was that I used less than three cans for the first coats, so can't figure out why it would take more than three cans for the final coat.  It must be a difference between the satin and the gloss finishes.  When we get everything else done I may come back and redo the last section of living room, or not.


While on my way to the house on Saturday I passed a moving sale that had a table and chairs for sale.  This is it in use in our kitchen, it holds our unpacking extremely well.  It came with four chairs and has a two foot leaf for the center.  Perfect for when we entertain or just need the room, like we do right now.


Tisha has been lining the shelves in the kitchen cabinets and drawers so we can put all my previously stored items away.  One quick cycle through the dish washer for most of them, and away they can go.  Though there is a lot of hand washing going on as well.  So far it looks like we will be able to easily combine our two kitchens into this one.  We still see a garage sale in the spring, though we may call it a renovating sale, or move-in sale, considering the items we will likely have.


This morning I was able to get the ceiling fan and light hung in the bedroom formerly known as ew pink.  I had to wait for my dad to get there to help hold the motor while I wired it up. It was just easier to do it that way than to wait and try to do the wiring in that tiny space.


After painting the ceiling in the small bedroom, I got my dad to help paint the living room with its first coat of primer.  Getting rid of that dark brown made it look so much better.  Tomorrow will be its second coat of primer, more primer in the bathroom, and primer in the upstairs bedroom.  Primer Monday.

We got our appliances delivered today, so I was able to wind down my day by making the various attachments need to make them work.  We will have to run a lot of water through the refrigerator before it stops tasting of new plastic, but it will be worth it in the long run.  It is a lot more than we had planned for, but the original fridge would have stuck out into the room too far.  Making it difficult to use the sink and just be generally annoying.  Putting the appliances in, really made the space a lot smaller quickly.  We also have a spare freezer in the basement for stocking up at sales or large meat purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment