Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I can no longer smell the polyurathane

Really, I can't, I am not certain my nose even recognizes it as a scent separate from myself at this point. Today I had a half day at work, so I was able to get over to the house this afternoon and put down another coat of polyurethane on the floors.  First I had to swing by the Andersons on Woodville Rd to pick up additional cans and some more applicators.  I bought out the Maumee store when I picked up four cans this weekend, so wasn't sure they will have restocked it yet.  I did get a replacement cover at the Maumee store for the sheepskin applicator, but I just could not get the device unscrewed to remove the used one.  So I decided it was faster and easier to spend three more dollars and get a whole new applicator, I will just return the replacement cover later.  I put a third coat on the second floor bedroom, even though it was looking really good after two coats, it was also the room where I had most of my learning curve, so hopefully an extra coat will even out the imperfections.


The First Floor was looking really good with its wet second coat, if only it dried like it looks here.





Four used cans and two partials, the others are partials of primer and kitchen color.



No comments:

Post a Comment