Monday, September 21, 2009

Paint and more Demolition


Today I painted the ceiling in the stairway to the basement.


The kitchen ceiling.  Which took for it seemed like forever, and I think I still need to touch it up.


A second coat of Bullseye 123 in the small bedroom. these walls will be ready for paint after the ceiling is painted.  I think I will prime the ceiling first though since the kitchen ceiling seemed to really soak up the paint today.


Used the last of that can of Bullseye 123 in the nasty purple bathroom.  It was just a fast attack with no edging.  I also skipped the woodwork.  The cupboard, to the left of the picture, needs to be washed out again before hitting the inside of that.  However with just this first coat I now feel like I could use this bathroom without the walls feeling like they are closing in for the kill.  The ceiling looks a lot better as well, and it supposedly already was white.  Of course I might want to put the door back on before i do that, otherwise I can wave to my neighbor.


Then it was upstairs to find out how bad the roof really is.  I wasn't to happy with the answer but it is better than I expected.  We may not have to replace as much sheathing as I feared, but what is there still doesn't look pretty.


I also can finally see the chimney for a wood burning stove that is no longer functional.  It looks like it will be harder to remove than I thought, especially where it connects to the brick chimney.  The only bright spot is the fact that someone managed to get in there it install it, so theoretically someone should be able to get in there to remove it and fix the chimney where it goes in.

I also installed a filter for the heater / air conditioner, I was going to wait to get the correct one when it got serviced, but was able to make one close in size to the remains of the old one work, Menards has a nice selection to choose from.  Then we cranked up the A/C, once I figured out how to change the temperature settings on the control box.  It really cut the humidity and made it a lot more comfortable to work there today.

I was originally going to put the last coat of poly on the floors, instead I will wait so we can get the kitchen floor installed tomorrow, and the windows measured for ordering.  We may also have the roof installed this week, so to prevent any accidental foot prints I may hold off until next weekend.  Tomorrow I will have some time to get things done while the floor is getting installed so will hopefully knock out some more paint related items.

No comments:

Post a Comment