Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Floor in the Kitchen and Marble Window Sills Discovered



We finally are done with the kitchen floor, and it looks great, another great job by Harms Carpet.  We still need to add some shoe molding around the room, touch up the ceiling and do a final coat of paint on the walls, then we will only have knob replacement and hinge fixing.  Other than that we will be done with the kitchen.  The best part is we will be able to add appliances after we get the molding and the paint done.


After some investigation today, I decided to peel off some of the paint on a window sill. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it really was marble under all that paint.  Most of the paint peeled off fairly easily. so I am hoping that it goes as smoothly in the rest of the rooms.  There is some paint still on the marble, some internet research should find an answer for that hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. A razor blade should skim that right off. I swear! ;) It's a method I use to remove a lot of things - crap off of glass, paint off of palette, paint off of wood cabinet doors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty much how I started it out, a little nick with a knife. I just have to be careful because marble can scratch really easily. The first layer of paint isn't peeling off as easily, so I will likely come back and get that with something else.

    ReplyDelete